About the 8th Light Horse Regiment
Formed at Broadmeadows camp in Victoria on 23 September 1914, the '8th Light Horse' sailed from Melbourne on 24 February 1914 and arrived in Egypt on 14 March 1915. Back then, they were known as the '6th Light Horse Regiment'.
They were renamed and became part of the 3rd Light Horse Brigade in October 2020.
Shrine Life Governor Mr Peter Whitelaw
Reviewed 09 June 2021