- Sunday, 1 October 2023 4:45 pm to 5:00 pm
- Second World War Forecourt, Shrine of Remembrance, Birdwood Avenue, Melbourne, VIC 3001
- Admission is free.
- This venue is wheelchair accessible.
- This event is child-friendly.
Join us at week's close to honour those who have served and sacrificed so that we may enjoy our lives of relative peace, comfort and freedom.
Each Sunday we pause to remember a different event from Australia's military history. We remember the men and women who took part in those events, and the lives lost or forever changed.
Today we remember the members of the Australian Army Training Team Vietnam. The AATTV were the first Australian troops deployed to Vietnam in 1962, and among the last to come home in 1972, gaining the distinction of being the longest-serving and most highly decorated Australian unit of the Vietnam War. Among these decorations was the presentation of the US Army Meritorious Unit Commendation on 30 September 1970.
- Shrine Governor Air Commodore Rowan Story AM RFD (Retd)
Watch the live stream: