Discover Shrine stories, podcasts and videos and learn about our school programs
Shrine stories and resources
Shrine resources - browse our podcasts, videos and stories of remembrance.
Research your family history
We don't hold service records at the Shrine of Remembrance Melbourne. Find some useful links for researching family history.
We have adapted our school programs in line with current guidance from Victoria's Chief Health Officer.
- Engage your students in wartime history with a virtual Shrine tour or workshop by video conference to your classroom. Free of charge.
- Teachers are welcome to book now for anticipated excursions to the Shrine in Term 4. Stringent health and safety protocols will be in place. School visits are free (donations welcome). Advance bookings are required.
- We recommend our guided programs. Teacher-led tours are also available.
- We tailor our programs to student age level and align with the Victorian curriculum.
- Outreach and subsidies programs are available to eligible schools.
Online school programs
Classroom resources and online school programs, all linked to the Australian Curriculum and inspired by objects in the Shrine's collection.
Onsite school programs
The Shrine provides a comprehensive suite of curriculum aligned education programs for primary and secondary students.
Plan your excursion
Everything you need to know about a school visit to the Shrine of Remembrance: bookings, do’s and don’ts, supervision and safety.
Services for schools
Find out about our commemoration services which are suitable for secondary and upper primary school students.
Reviewed 19 November 2020