The Shrine Monthly Remembrance Service honours Victorian servicemen and women from all branches of the Armed Forces. In particular, we remember Victorians who served during the First and Second World Wars, who once would have attended their annual Pilgrimage in this month, but due to the passage of time are no longer able to.
In the First World War 89,000 Victorians served overseas. 19,000 made the supreme sacrifice.
In the Second World War 297,000 Victorians served overseas. 10,900 made the supreme sacrifice.
In April, we remember:
- HMAS Protector, First World War
- 2nd and 3rd Divisional Signals Company, First World War
- 1st and 3rd Signals Troops, First World War
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd Auxilliary Motor Transport Corps, First World War
- Middle East Voluntary Aid Detachment, Second World War
- British Commonwealth Occupation Force in Japan
- Shrine Governor Air Commodore Rowan Story AM RFD (Retd)
- Shrine Governor Group Captain Annette Holian
Reviewed 05 December 2022