The Shrine Monthly Remembrance Service honours Victorian servicemen and women from all branches of the Armed Forces. In particular, we remember Victorians who served during the First and Second World Wars, who once would have attended their annual service in this month, but due to the passage of time are no longer able to.
In the First World War 89,000 Victorians served overseas. 19,000 made the supreme sacrifice.
In the Second World War 297,000 Victorians served overseas. 10,900 made the supreme sacrifice.
In February, we remember:
- HMAS Fantome, First World War
- HMAS Sleuth, First World War
- 1st Royal Australian Naval Bridging Train, First World War
- 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 10th Field Companies, Royal Australian Engineers, First World War
- 2nd and 5th Companies Miners and Tunnellers, First World War
- 14th Battalion, First World War
- Rats of Tobruk, Second World War
Shrine Governor Trustee Graeme Plumridge OAM.
Reviewed 24 November 2023