The Shrine Monthly Remembrance Service honours Victorian servicemen and women from all branches of the Armed Forces. In particular, we remember Victorians who served during the First and Second World Wars, who once would have attended their annual Pilgrimage in this month, but due to the passage of time are no longer able to.
In the First World War 89,000 Victorians served overseas. 19,000 made the supreme sacrifice.
In the Second World War 297,000 Victorians served overseas. 10,900 made the supreme sacrifice.
In June, we remember:
- HMAS Yarra, First World War
- HMAS Sumatra, First World War
- 29th Battalion, First World War
- 2nd Division Field Ambulance, First World War
- 6th Brigade, First World War
- Dunkirk Veterans' Association
Reviewed 31 July 2023