The Shrine Monthly Remembrance Service honours Victorian servicemen and women from all branches of the Armed Forces. In particular, we remember Victorians who served during the First and Second World Wars, who once would have attended their annual Pilgrimage in this month but due to the passage of time are no longer able to.
In the First World War, 89,000 Victorians served overseas. 19,000 made the supreme sacrifice.
In the Second World War, 297,000 Victorians served overseas. 10,900 made the supreme sacrifice.
In March, we remember:
- HMAS Melbourne, First World War
- HMAS Coogee, First World War
- 4th Field Artillery Brigade, First World War
- No. 1, 2 and 4 Squadrons, Australian Flying Corps, First World War
- War Widows & Widowed Mothers Association
Reviewed 13 June 2023