The Shrine Monthly Remembrance Service honours Victorian servicemen and women from all branches of the Armed Forces. In particular, we remember Victorians who served during the First and Second World Wars, who once would have attended their annual Pilgrimage in this month, but due to the passage of time are no longer able to.
In the First World War 89,000 Victorians served overseas. 19,000 made the supreme sacrifice.
In the Second World War 297,000 Victorians served overseas. 10,900 made the supreme sacrifice.
In May, we remember:
- HMA Ships Warrego, Huon, Torrens and Swan, First World War
- 8th Field Artillery Brigade, First World War
- 6th Infantry Brigade, First World War
- 2/8th Australian Field Regiment, Second World War
- AHS Centaur, Second World War
- Royal Australian Army Service Corps
Reviewed 07 November 2022