The Shrine Monthly Remembrance Service honours Victorian servicemen and women from all branches of the Armed Forces. In particular, we remember Victorians who served during the First World War and Second World Wars, who once would have attended their annual Pilgrimage in this month, but due to the passage of time are no longer able to.
In the First World War 89,000 Victorians served overseas. 19,000 made the supreme sacrifice.
In the Second World War 297,000 Victorians served overseas.10,900 made the supreme sacrifice.
In October, we remember:
- HMAS Nusa and HMAS Una, First World War
- 3rd Light Horse Brigade Train, First World War
- HMAS Castlemaine, Second World War
- 2/12 Field Regiment, Second World War
- Australian Army Nursing Service
- Shrine Trustee Graeme Plumridge OAM
Watch the live stream:
Reviewed 25 September 2023