- Saturday, 24 February 2024 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm
- Shrine of Remembrance, Melbourne, 3004
- This venue is wheelchair accessible.
From Commando to Air Ace, wartime comics have long been used to educate, entertain and enlighten generations.
In this interactive workshop, you will be encouraged to embrace your inner-creative as artist Helen Graham guides you through the process of making your own comic inspired by the Shrine’s special exhibition Toys, Tales & Tenacity: Childhood Experiences of War.
This immersive experience includes a curator-led tour of the exhibition, which delves into the experiences of children during war and the profound impact war has had on their upbringing.
Important information to read before booking:
- No artistic experience is required and all materials will be supplied.
- This workshop is recommended for adults and children over the age of 12. All attendees under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult for the duration of the program.
About the artist
Helen Graham (she/they) is an artist, illustrator and storyteller who has led creative workshops since 2019. Helen is a regular instructor at the Sticky Institute – a volunteer-led shop and resource devoted to zines. They advocate for accessible art and believe in encouraging everyone to freely express their creativity through art. Helen has long connections with service, with both her parents serving in the Royal Australian Air Force.