A visit to the Shrine of Remembrance can be an emotional experience. If you or someone you know needs help, please make use of the following resources.
- Open : Free and confidential, 24/7 national counselling service for Australian veterans and their families, provided through the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA). Phone: 1800 011 046
- : Suicide and crisis support. Phone: 13 11 14
- Kids : Australia’s only free (even from a mobile), confidential 24/7 online and phone counselling service for young people aged 5 to 25.
- Beyond : Free, immediate, short-term counselling advice and referral via telephone, webchat or email 24/7. Phone: 1300 224 636
- Suicide Call Back : 24-hour counselling service for suicide prevention and mental health. Available via telephone, online and by video for anyone affected by suicidal thoughts. Phone: 1300 659 467
Reviewed 27 March 2023