Hours: 10am–5pm daily (last entry 4:30pm).
Closed: Good Friday, Christmas Day and selected maintenance days.
Admission to the Shrine is free and no tickets or bookings are required. Donations are appropriate and appreciated.
Daily 45-minute walking tours depart from the Visitor Centre hourly (except midday).
We are located on Birdwood Avenue and St Kilda Road, 1.3km from Flinders Street Railway Station. You can walk or catch a tram from the city.
Take any southbound tram from Federation Square (except route number 1) to stop 19 Shrine of Remembrance.
- the Visitor Centre and the Education Centre are step-free
- the Galleries, Crypt and Sanctuary are accessible by lift. The lift does not extend to the Balcony
- wheelchairs are available for loan during your visit (subject to availability).
- nearest car parking is on Birdwood Avenue and St Kilda Road (ticketing required)
- designated coach parking bays are located on the Shrine side of Birdwood Avenue
- disabled Access bays are opposite the Shrine on both sides of Birdwood Avenue.
Visitor centre and shop
The Visitor Centre is the starting point for entering the Galleries and commencing Tours. Our shop offers gifts, books and souvenirs, as well as light refreshments.
Visitor maps are available upon arrival at the Shrine, or download a digital version:
Approved Community Groups are welcome to book visits to the Shrine free of charge (gold coin donations are encouraged). Our volunteer guides will lead your group for a 45 minute highlights walk of the Shrine. Eligible community groups must be not-for-profit organisations that directly support either the Service community, adult education, youth clubs, or health care. Please note that social clubs do not qualify as Community Groups. We invite such groups to join the Shrine Tour or to conduct self-guided visits.
Reviewed 18 January 2023