A bequest to the Shrine supports our work in the areas of education, commemoration and remembrance.
Your contribution supports the following Shrine initiatives:
- maintaining and enhancing the Shrine and the Shrine Reserve as an active memorial to Australian service men and women
- promoting the Shrine and the Shrine Reserve as a solemn, sacred place of Remembrance
- advancing knowledge and understanding of Victorian service and sacrifice by the provision of education programs and exhibitions
- maintaining delivery and growth of education programs to Victorian school children — currently servicing over 60,000 students each year
Make a bequest
You can make a bequest in the memory or honour of a relative or friend. Always seek advice from your solicitor or financial adviser before arranging bequests.
Make a bequest by completing our Bequest form
- A copy of the relevant section of your will
- A letter of confirmation from your solicitor
Bequests to the Shrine can be:
- a gift of cash
- a residual gift
- a percentage of your estate
- an interest in a trust created in your will
Suggested wording for your will
These suggested wordings will help make sure your wishes are enacted:
Gift of cash or a proportion of your estate:
'I give (please specify proportion of estate or dollar amount or the residue of my estate) to the Shrine of Remembrance, Victoria for the purpose of funding education and commemoration of Australian serviceman and women.'
Gift to the Shrine of Remembrance Foundation:
'I give (please specify proportion of estate or dollar amount or the residue of my estate) to the Shrine of Remembrance for its use and benefit absolutely.'
The Shrine acknowledges people who make bequests by:
- formally acknowledging their generosity (with their permission) in the Shrine of Remembrance Annual Report
- giving them
Others may wish to remain anonymous. The Shrine respects these wishes.
Reviewed 18 August 2020