Experience more at the Shrine with a guided tour.
Entry to the Shrine is free. For those who would like to learn more, professionally guided tours are also available.
Delve deeper into the Shrine by joining a 45-minute tour, led by an expert guide.
Discover the fascinating history of this monument born by grief after the First World War, which now provides a place of remembrance for Australian service and sacrifice in all wars since. Learn about our commemorative spaces, special exhibitions and the personal stories that make the Shrine a living monument.
- 10 am
- 11 am
- 1 pm
- 2 pm
- 3 pm
- 4 pm
Duration: 45 minutes
- Adult: $20*
- Concession: $15
- Child: $10
*Veterans and serving members of the Australian and New Zealand defence force may join Shrine Tours for free. Bookings are required. A valid Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) Gold Card/White Card or New Zealand equivalent must be presented.
Concession ticket prices are available to Australian and New Zealand Pensioner card, Healthcare card, Carer card, full time Student card and Seniors card holders.
Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. This tour is not recommended for children under 6 years.
We support the Australian Companion Card initiative and allow free access to carers actively engaged in providing assistance support to fee-paying patrons requiring assistance.
Accessibility: This tour requires the ability to climb multiple flights of stairs.
Tours for community groups
Eligible community groups may book a 45-minute highlights tour of the Shrine accompanied by a Shrine volunteer guide.
To be eligible, community groups must be not-for-profit organisations that directly support either the service community, adult education, youth or health care. Social clubs are not eligible community groups.
Community Group Tour Times:
- 10:15 am
- 12 noon
- 2 pm
- 3 pm
Bookings are essential. Contact Reception for group bookings:
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to limit, exclude or modify or purport to limit, exclude or modify the accessibility of the Shrine of Remembrance to all visitors. Entry to the Shrine of Remembrance, including the Sanctuary, Crypt and Galleries of Remembrance, remains free of charge. Any bookings and payment for bookings made via Rezdy are limited to the Shrine Tours product only. No component of the payment for the Shrine Tours is for entry to the Crypt.
Application of Terms
Before proceeding with your booking, please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. By selecting “I accept” during the process of booking your tour you will have accepted the following conditions of sale. You must not make a booking unless you agree with these terms and Conditions.
Variation of Terms
The Shrine of Remembrance may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating them. If the Shrine of Remembrance varies a Term or Condition in a way that adversely affects the purchaser's rights or obligations under this agreement, the purchaser may cancel its booking and receive a full refund of its purchase.
General Terms and Conditions
1. Our tours can be physically demanding and require the ability to climb multiple flights of stairs.
2. Children under 18 years must be accompanied by an adult. These tours are not recommended for children under 6 years.
Limitation of Liability
3. There are inherent risks in participating in Shrine Tours. As a tour participant of Shrine Tours, you are accepting those risks that a reasonable and prudent person would be aware of while participating in a tour of this kind. You agree to exercise good judgement and act responsibly at all times while participating in the Shrine Tour.
4. To the extent permitted by law, you acknowledge and agree that the Shrine of Remembrance (including any trustee, employee or volunteer of the Shrine of Remembrance) is not liable to you for any loss, damage or harm arising out of your participation in the Shrine Tours.
Pricing and Payments
5. Bookings for Shrine Tours are not confirmed without payment.
6. All prices stated are in Australian dollars and include GST.
7. Prices are subject to change without notice. If a purchaser has paid the price of its booking and the Shrine of Remembrance subsequently changes the price pursuant to this clause, the purchaser is not obliged to pay for any price increase associated with that booking.
Authenticity and Validity of Tickets
8. Participation on a tour may be refused if the authenticity or validity of a ticket is questionable, including because the ticket has been damaged or defaced in any way, or has not been purchased from the Shrine of Remembrance.
9. Bookings may be transferred. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure the recipient presents a valid booking confirmation in order to collect the ticket. Refunds will not be issued for transferred bookings in the event of ticket loss or non-attendance.
Collection of Tickets
10. Booking confirmation emails must be presented at the Visitor Centre reception desk to receive the tour ticket. Booking confirmations are accepted in printed and/or electronic formats.
11. Where concessions are applicable, suitable and valid identification must be provided for collection of tickets.
12. If you need to cancel your booking please do so as early as possible. Cancellations or amendments must be made via email to: or by telephoning from within Australia: (03) 9661 8100, International: +61 3 9661 8100.
13. A booking is considered to be cancelled when the Shrine of Remembrance has sent an email to the purchaser confirming the cancellation or 1 business day after receipt of an email or phone call from the purchaser requesting the cancellation (whichever is earlier).
a. Cancellations made prior to one week from the tour will receive a full refund.
b. Cancellations made 7-2 days prior to the tour will be charged 50% of the tour price.
c. Cancellations made within 48 of the tour will not be refunded.
d. If the Shrine is forced to cancel a booked tour a full refund will be given.
14. Shrine Tours operate in all weather. Tour route may be modified in the event of inclement weather.
2019 TripAdvisor 'Excellent experience with a knowledgeable, captivating guide':
Our experience at the Shrine of Remembrance was exceptional, from the contact we received from Janelle, Visitor Services Manager, regarding our booking, the welcome we received from Rebecca, Duty Manager, and the guided tour we experienced from Karl. Karl was extremely knowledgeable on Australian and Victorian war history and was able to provide information and insights on a very sombre topic in a respectful and entertaining manner. We would highly recommend the tour to anyone.
2019 TripAdvisor 'So much to take in one visit':
Booked a guided tour of the Shrine as my husband and I have never been before. We were met by our very knowledgeable guide Karl and over the next 75 minutes was given a very informative tour of the Shrine. One of the highlights for me was the commemorative stone where we watched the ray of light move across while listening to the last post it was very moving. We will have to go back again to really spend time visiting the different displays, the tour gave us an excellent overall view of the Shrine we were so impressed and will spend more time when we return, book a tour first then spend some time in and around the Shrine.
2019 TripAdvisor 'Remember the Past':
The Shrine of Remembrance was built to honor the men and women of Victoria who served in World War I, but is now a memorial to all Australians who have served in war. It is one of the largest war memorials in Australia. We remember the past and honor the sacrifice of our soldiers...We recommended this tour.
Reviewed 23 September 2020