The Shrine Monthly Remembrance Service honours Victorian servicemen and women from all branches of the Armed Forces. In particular, we remember Victorians who served during the First and Second World Wars, who once would have attended their annual pilgrimage in this month, but due to the passage of time are no longer able to.
In the First World War 89,000 Victorians served overseas. 19,000 made the supreme sacrifice.
In the Second World War 297,000 Victorians served overseas. 10,900 made the supreme sacrifice.
In August, we remember:
- HMAS Encounter, First World War
- HMAS Pioneer, First World War
- 3rd and 4th Light Horse Brigades, First World War
- Army Veterinary Services, First World War
- 2/7th Australian Infantry Battalion, Second World War
- Shrine Governor Mohammed Abdur Rahman
Watch the live stream:
Reviewed 18 July 2023