The Shrine Monthly Remembrance Service honours Victorian servicemen and women from all branches of the Armed Forces. In particular, we remember Victorians who served during the First and Second World Wars, who once would have attended their annual Pilgrimage in this month, but due to the passage of time are no longer able to.
In the First World War, 89,000 Victorians served overseas. 19,000 made the supreme sacrifice.
In the Second World War, 297,000 Victorians served overseas. 10,900 made the supreme sacrifice.
In July, we remember:
- HMAS Parramatta, First World War
- HMAS Psyche, First World War
- HMAS Hobart, First World War
- 118th, 119th and 120th Batteries, 5th Australian Division, First World War
- 1st and 2nd Squadrons, First Remount Unit, First World War
- HMAS Ajax, Second World War
- Australian Army Training Team, Vietnam War
Reviewed 28 August 2023