The Shrine Monthly Remembrance Service honours Victorian servicemen and women from all branches of the Armed Forces. In particular, we remember Victorians who served during the First and Second World Wars, who once would have attended their annual Pilgrimage in this month, but due to the passage of time are no longer able to.
In the First World War 89,000 Victorians served overseas. 19,000 made the supreme sacrifice.
In the Second World War 297,000 Victorians served overseas. 10,900 made the supreme sacrifice.
In November, we remember:
- HMAS Brisbane, First World War
- HMAS Sydney, First World War
- Royal Australian Engineers Bridging Train, First World War
- Army Medical Corps, First World War
- 10th Light Trench Mortar Battery, First World War
- 2/8th Australian Infantry Battalion, Second World War
- Australian Water Transport Units, Second World War
- RAAF Fighter Squadrons, Second World War
- Corps of Commissionaires
- Royal Australian Engineers
Shrine Governor Captain Tyson Taylor
Watch the live stream
Reviewed 08 November 2023