The Shrine has undertaken detailed planning to ensure compliance with Victorian Government restrictions is provided for and maintained.
Measures for each of the key visitor functions: ceremonial services, general visitation, tours and retail, are outlined in Section 6.
Safe Work Australia Checklists and COVIDSafe Plan Guidance have been used as a reference.
The Shrine will comply with Victorian Government vaccination requirements applicable to
the category of workplace that includes the Shrine. In general:
- Shrine Personnel are required to be fully vaccinated to attend site. Personnel will be required to supply / demonstrate proof of vaccination to be permitted to attend site.
- Vaccination requirements may mean that unvaccinated staff and volunteers are not permitted to work or provide their services at the Shrine.
- If health directions require staff to work from home, this will be facilitated where possible and practical.
Opening to general visitors
- Visitors may access all public areas.
- The total capacity of the monument will not exceed any applicable density quotient
- Hand sanitiser is provided for use upon entry.
- Ex-Service Organisations (ESOs) are advised by the Ceremonial Program Manager in advance to ensure they’re aware of any COVIDSafe measures in place.
- Live-streaming of services will continue to ensure that our community can still participate in commemoration. Onsite streaming can accommodate additional attendees as required.
- We will consider Department of Education advice in facilitating school excursions onsite.
- Onsite education programs may be offered in a modified format including reduced duration and number of groups per hour and options to focus on external features of the monument
A virtual Education Program is available to any school that wishes to visit but is unable to do so physically.
- Programming – including special exhibitions, book launches, talks and events – will operate under the same guidelines and measures adopted for general visitors.
Reviewed 11 May 2022