From Wednesday 1 July, a maximum of 20 visitors may access the Visitor Centre, Crypt, Sanctuary and Balcony. Entry is free.
Pre-booked group tours of 10 may also visit the Galleries.
The health and safety of our visitors, staff and volunteers is our top priority. To mitigate the risk posed to the community by coronavirus, we have implemented new safety procedures including hand sanitising stations, additional cleaning services, and onsite public health messaging in accordance with advice from the Victorian Chief Health Officer, the Department of Health and Human Services and WorkSafe.
Please enter via the Visitor Centre. Upon entry, you will be required to sanitise your hands and register your details.
Once registered, signage will direct you in a one-direction path through the Visitor Centre, Crypt, Sanctuary and Balcony.
Please note, cloaking will not be available.
The Shrine’s Galleries are also accessible to pre-booked groups (maximum 10) and/or schools (maximum 20). Our tours are led by experienced guides and offer exclusive insights into the Shrine’s collection and exhibitions. To purchase tickets please call or email .
Remember to follow good hygiene practice throughout your visit
- Do not visit if you are unwell or if you have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Do not visit if you are experiencing any of the symptoms of COVID-19: fever, sneezing, coughing, sore throat or shortness of breath.
- Keep your distance – stay 1.5 metres away from others.
- Wash your hands with soap and water, or use an alcohol-based hand rub, before and after eating and after going to the toilet.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Consider downloading the COVIDsafe app before your visit.
Reviewed 06 July 2020